This energy tapping exercise helps you to let go of negative emotional responses such as anxiety, anger, tension, frustration, worries and fears. It also helps to relax the whole body, improve sleep quality and replenish the body with more energy.
When you are doing this exercise, just follow your breath and let your thoughts come and go as the breath does.
You want to choose a quiet place where you can sit or lie down comfortably. Before you start the exercise, think about a specific intention for this exercise. The more specific the intention the better it works. Also make sure that you use positive phrase, such as ” I am doing this to feel ease and peace” instead of ” I am doing this to not feel anxious.”
- Close your eyes. Take three deep breaths and hold your intention in mind.
- Take some slow deep breaths in through your nose. (You should notice that your lower abdomen rises and falls as you breath in and out, otherwise your breath is not deep enough). Imagine that your breath is coming in through the bottom of your feet all the way up through your body. When you exhale, you exhale through the bottom of your feet. Imagine a strong connection with the earth. If you are sitting, make sure that your feet are flat on the ground. You can imagine that your feet are like roots digging deep in the ground. Take about 10 breaths.
- Imagine that there is a perpetual healing light shining down on your head just as if you were sitting in sunlight. As you breathe deeply, imagine this light travels through your body from your head to your shoulders, to your chest, your abdomen and your legs. Just bathe comfortably in this light. Hold in your mind your intention, and let your body totally relax in this healing light. Keep doing this for several minutes.
- Put your hands in front of chest in a prayer position. Keep breathing deeply. As you breathe deeply, keep imagining that you breathe in through the bottom of the feet and breathe out through them as well. Imagine a strong connection with the earth and same time imagine that your heart become more open and receive the healing light.
- Place your index and middle fingers of one hand on your forehead between your eyebrows. You may press firmly or tap firmly for 5 times. As you are doing this, think or verbalize your intention. For example, “I am feeling more ease and peace.”
- Place the same fingers under your nose, pressing or tapping 5 times while thinking or saying the same thing. Keep breathing deeply.
- Place two fingers under the bottom lip, pressing or tapping 5 times while thinking or saying the same phrase as above. Keep breathing deeply.
- Place two fingers on the sternum, pressing or tapping 5 times while thinking or saying the same phrase as above. Keep breathing deeply.
- After you finish this, simply relax and breathe deeply. Imagine yourself bathing in the healing light.
- Open your eyes and return your awareness to your surroundings. You can use your palms to rub your face gently. Give yourself sometime before you start to do other things.